Re: Can't fmirror security.debian.org

   Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 12:33:58 -0400
   From: Phillip Hofmeister <plhofmei@ip3inc.com>
   Cc: debian-security@lists.debian.org

   --BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3

   On Mon, 05 May 2003 at 11:57:53AM -0400, kynn@panix.com wrote:
   > I have no problem ftp'ing to security.debian.org anonymously, but all
   > my attempts to fmirror a directory there fail with
   >=20
   >   $ fmirror -f ~/security.fmirror
   >   11:38:51 Connecting to security.debian.org...
   >   11:38:51 Connected.
   >   11:39:52 Dir listing failed, exiting. (425 Failed to establish connecti=
   on.)

   Have you considered trying to use rsync?  AFAIK, security.debian.org runs
   an rsync server which may do what you are looking form more easily.

I already tried that, but I can't get rsync to work:

$ rsync -avz security.debian.org::debian-security .
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(162)

kynn