is the security team overloaded?

	Hi everybody,

I can see a lot of important security bugs which are still not resolved by
know, and especialy for Woody (current stable version => most important).
I think mainly about the ptrace bug in the kernel, the pptp bug (I use to
have in on firewalls) and know mysql (I have it on every web server) ...

Is the security team overloaded? Why not ask for community help?

The security team could make a public announcement asking for community
help. The community (these of us who have free time) could help by producing
security patches, then the security team may check them (correctness,
compile ok on all architecture, ...) and complete the procedure with a bit
less work to do.

Just my few cents...
J.C.
--
Jean Christophe ANDRÉ <jean-christophe.andre@auf.org> http://www.vn.refer.org/
Coordonnateur technique régional / Associé technologie projet Reflets