Re: [despammed] Re: Secure remote syslogging?

Tuesday, April 29, 2003, 8:54:51 AM, Sam Couter (Sam) wrote:

Sam> Stefan Neufeind <stefan@neufeind.net> wrote:
>> what is the best way to remotely syslog? In

Sam> Use a dedicated machine. Cut the 'transmit' pair in the CAT5 cable.
Sam> syslog is UDP, which is only one-way, so it doesn't need to transmit.

Wouldn't the machine still need to transmit some things, namely arp?

| Eddie J Schwartz <EdMcMan@[despammed.com|m00.net]> |
|  AIM: Uncaring Eyes ICQ: 35576339 YHOO: edmcman2   |
|  "We Trills have an expression -- at forty, you    |
|  think you know everything. At four hundred you    |
|  realize you know nothing." - Dax, Startrek DS9    |