Re: Apache http server 2.0

Hi
On Sunday 27 April 2003 00:53, Justin [GHA] wrote:
> I tried the following query and didn't experience anything odd.
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22%2C.%2F%5C%5B%5D%
>2 F-%21%60%7E@%23%24%25%5E%3D%2B%28%29-%7B%7D%3C%3E%3B%3A%7C%27%22
>
> The hex here is the string ,./\[]-!`~@#$%^=+()-{}<>;:| '"
> Any combination of these characters will result in only the header of the
> google search,a dn the copyright to be displayed.

Probably i'm missing something but google behaivor seems normal to me and very
secure too.

Google's cgi parse out any special character that recives and only takes care
of the alphanumeric queries, try a empty query in google and you will get
exactly the same page that you query gets, add "potato" to you query string
and you get the results for "potato" search.

The final result is that google's cgi don't let you feed it with any special
character.

> I also tried queries such as "&#0;&#1;&#2;&#3;&#4;"  This returned the same
> results.  Although, a query of "&#48;" returned appropriate results,
> "&#47;" returned nothing again.  It is speculated that all characters with
> an ASCII value of 0-47, excluding 42, will return nothing.
>
> Further research is need, however, this may only be a bug, rather than
> something that is exploitable.

I think that google's cgi does exactly what google's people expects.
:))

> http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=%2C.%2F%5C%5B%5D-%21%60%7E@%23%24%25%5
>E %3D%2B%28%29-%7B%7D%3C%3E%3B%3A%7C+%27%22&ei=UTF-8 also did not display
> anything odd

yahoo did not parse out anything but as you say there's nothing "wrong" with
the results page.