Re: HELP, my Debian Server was hacked!

Le 12166ième jour après Epoch,
Mathias Gygax écrivait:

> On Don, Apr 24, 2003 at 11:19:34 +0200, Mauro Chiarugi wrote:
> > Il Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:48:23 -0500 (CDT)
> > David Ehle sì che favelando
> > sibillò:
> >
> > > nightly apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
> >
> > But if it asks human interaction?? How can i do??
>
> from the apt-get manual page:
>
> [...]
>        -y
>
>        --yes
>
>        --assume-yes
> 	      Automatic  yes to prompts; assume "yes" as answer to all prompts
> 	      and run non-interactively. If an undesirable situation, such  as
> 	      changing	a held package or removing an essential package occurs
> 	      then apt-get will abort.	Configuration Item:  APT::Get::Assume-
> 	      Yes.
>
> [...]
>
> be sure to also "dpkg-reconfigure debconf" and set it to not ask trivial
> questions.
>
> cron-apt is a package to automate apt-get handling via cron. it could
> assist you in setting up automatic security upgrades.

But be very careful with this mechanism... If you're not on stable, some evil
problems may occurs. Remember the libc6 problem on testing/unstable weeks ago.

<Off topic>

Mathias, sorry for the question, but are you a parent of the well known Gary?

If so, your family is responsible of most of my nightmares :)

</Off topic>

--
Romeo wasn't bilked in a day.
		-- Walt Kelly, "Ten Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Years With Pogo"