Re: grsec patch over debian 2.4.20 kernel

Ted Bukov <ted@cacad.com>  22.04.2003, 14:17:56:

>  I got the last 2.4.20 kernel with apt-get install. I want to patch it
> with grsec, but I met many times the follow message:
> "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]"
> When I answered "yes" to all questions, the kernel compilation had failed.
> I think grsec patch have conficts with already patched debian kernel
> source, so is there any debian kernel sources with grsec applied? I don't
> want to use plain (vanilla) kernel, because of its ptrace vulnerability.
>  Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem as I can not apply the patch on the
2.4.20-sources. I've tried this some month ago (also on 2.4.20) for my
home workstation, the patch did apply.

Now I've had a look at Trusted Linux. However, I am not quite shure,
because apt-get will update 127 packages, but just 180 packages are
installed.

--
FiFo Ost GbR
Tal 44, D- 80331 M?nchen