Re: Firewall Logs on Dialup Server

Hi

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 12:14:32PM +0200, Kay-Michael Voit wrote:
> Hi,
> how do you suggest dealing with firewall logs from a computer which is
> connected through a dialup connection?
> For I receive a new IP every 24h hours, my logs are full of P2P
> connection attempts.
>
> How can I log iptables LOG outputs somewherer different from the
> standard output? And is there any program which I can view them
> properly formated with?

I tried my logging rules with '--log-prefix "IPTables DROP:"' and use
syslog-ng to filter them. If you google for iptables and syslog-ng
there's some more help.
What _I_ didn't figure out is, how to stop iptables from logging to
standard-out;M syslog-ng seems only to additionally write it to my
specified file.

--
Have you noticed the way people's intelligence capabilities decline
sharply the minute they start waving guns around?