Re: own kernel vs debian kernel

On Domingo, 13 de Abril de 2003 04:10, Johannes Holzer wrote:
> It's much simpler by doing it the Debian way:
> make menuconfig / xconfig, whatever
> make-kpkg kernel_image --revision yourkernel
> Creates a nice little .deb with all the things you need, you just have
> to dpkg -i it to get your bzImage installed to /boot, actualized
> vmlinuz.old, modules installed and lilo run. Works with
> debian-kernel-sources as well as official ones. Great for making kernels
> on one machine and using them on another.

Thanks everybody. This one as well as other messages have been lovely pieces
of advice. I'll be looking forward to try it in some servers next week, I
didn't know this method and it's great!! (I was thinking of upgrading a farm
of servers with a self-made, personal repository of debs, and kernel was the
only thing I coulndn't deal with so far).

Thanks again to all for your attention

Yours,
		Pope

--