Re: iptables help to forward ports please

* Hanasaki JiJi <hanasaki@hanaden.com> [20030320 09:55 PST]:
> Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> >but to me it seems more appropriate to use a simple store and forward
> >smtp deamon on the firewall.

> what package can i research for a store/foward server?
>
> I thought the secure way was not to run anything like that on a
> firewall?  That is why I am moving this group's exim off the firewall.

Personally, I'd do it your way:  set up a mail server indpendent of the
firewall, and use DNAT to send incoming traffic there.  It's not hard.
It's one less link in your mail chain to break, and it's more
transparent.

good times,
Vineet
--