looking for a good source to start learning about kerberos

Hi

After reading the responses for my email about NIS security, I was convinced that it's time to learn about ldap w/kerberos. In the ldap-howto's I've read there were references to kerberos by MIT and hemidal. looking in my aptitude list I saw a lot of packages with different versions of kerberos and I've got a little confused. I was wondering what would be a good place to start with kerberos (keeping in mind that my main interest is to combine it with ldap)?

Thanx
--
Haim