Re: OT: Is it so easy to break into an NIS?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 09:40:00AM -0600, David Ehle wrote:

> As I understand it, OpenAFS is IBM sortware that was opensourced.  Coda
> was a wholely opensource project to implement AFS.  Please feel free to
> correct me if I'm wrong.

Coda is another CMU SCS project (as was AFS, which
btw stands for Andrew Files System, eg Andrew Carnegie
and Andrew Mellon). It was commercialized in conjunction
with IBM (the Transarc guys were all CMU SCS).

AFAIK, Coda is a new system. However I've been away
from the department since '89 although I still stay
in touch with some of the SCS crowd.

       IN MY NAME:            Dale Amon, CEO/MD
  No Mushroom clouds over     Islandone Society
    London and New York.      www.islandone.org