Re: OT: Is it so easy to break into an NIS?

What is OpenAFS vs CODA?

tps@unslept.com wrote:
On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 02:09:51AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

Quoting seph (seph@commerceflow.com):

depends what you mean by free. Are you aware of openafs?
http://www.openafs.org

That is of course derived from the IBM Transarc software.  Hmmm.  Some
while back, I'd been lead to believe that only client-end software was
available in open source.  A quick perusal of that site plus some Google
hits suggests that such is not the case now, if it ever was.  Can
someone confirm from experience that AFS can be done with all open
source, both ends?  (Yes, I do consider IBM PL code to qualify.)

Yes, both sides are fully opensource now.

Tim

= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =
=     http://www.sun.com/service/sunps/jdc/javacenter.pdf       =
=  www.sun.com | www.javasoft.com | http://wwws.sun.com/sunone  =