Re: [despammed] Re: ptrace vulnerability?

Tuesday, March 18, 2003, 3:40:40 PM, Jason Rashaad Jackson (Jason) wrote:

Jason> His announcement is Slashdotted, and I'm seeing no notice of which versions
Jason> are affected!  I'm running 2.4.18 on all my Debian servers, please tell me
Jason> what's going on.

http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0303.2/0226.html

Looks like all 2.2 and 2.4 are affected.  The patch for 2.4 is in the
email.

| Eddie J Schwartz <EdMcMan@despammed.com> http://www.m00.net |
| AIM: The Cypher ICQ: 35576339 YHOO: edmcman2 MSN:edmcman@^  |
| SMS: 7174716174@vtext.com "We Trills have an expression--   |
|  at forty, you think you know everything. At four hundred   |
|  hundred, you realize you know nothing." - Dax, ST-DS9      |