Re: ptrace vulnerability?

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Giacomo Mulas wrote:

> 	Alan Cox apparently just made public a vulnerability in the stock
> kernel which would permit a local user to gain root privileges (see e.g.
> Linux Today, LWN, the LK mailing list...). Is a patched source package in
> the making already or should we humble users, in the meantime, take the
> original patch and apply it, while the "official" thing gets worked out?

Apparently the kernel source debian package maintainer already answered my
previous question in the best possible way, making available the patched
package immediately. The responsivity of the Debian community is really
something to be proud about: thanks Herbert!

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)