Re: OT: Consensus

----- Original Message -----
From: "Duzlevski, Ognen" <ogd@stowers-institute.org>
To: "Ted Parvu" <ted@parvu.net>
Cc: <debian-security@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Consensus

> Ted,
>
> please, take this somewhere else. In the past days this debate has filled
> up my mailbox - if I wanted such a debate I would have turned on the TV or
> done something similar. I subscribed to this list for debian security
> reasons, not to read lamentations and political views.

Strongly seconded - there are a zillion other lists to discuss the world,
religion and philosophy - and yes, surprise! there are even other Debian
lists that folks can post to - how about debian-user, or for the even more
melodramatic, debian-hams?

> On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Ted Parvu wrote:
>
> > Hello Debian Community!
> >
> > I had hoped to hear from you, and hear from us we have.  I look forward
> > to hearing from more of you around our world.  I would like to address
> > some of the issues about this thread being off topic.
> >
> > The debian-security list is an open, unmoderated, list created with the
> > intent of serving as a platform for discussion of security issues to the
> > greater Debian community, that is you and I folks.  For those of you who
> > keep screaming off topic there is no great moderator in the sky to call
> > upon to zap this thread.

Maybe we need one then - this has all got out of hand, and most of it is not
relevant to Debian SECURITY and those of us who have to administer secure
systems.

Ted, your posting more properly belongs on debian-user - I don't understand
why you haven't taken your discussion there. You won't get any off-topic
complaints.