Re: Peace is not off topic

Hi!

* Andreas Vitz <k-egg@gmx.de> [20030311 02:41]:
> > Why do you think iraq will destroy your holy USA ?? Don't you think
> > Iraq
> > CAN attack any country on earth ??
> > using missiles that reach 110 to 180 kilometers, the iraq cant't
> > destroy
> > the US. I don not know whom the iraq will attack but
> > I think that they won't attack the US!!
>
> I don't think Iraq will destroy the US.  I think that Iraq might supply
> chemical and/or biological weapons to terrorists who would definitely
> attack the US.  i never said anything about the missiles.  chemical and
> biological weapons do not require missiles to deliver them.

oh, the Antrax which was mailed to various people after 9/11 didn't come
from US laboratories? the US doesn't have any chemical or biological
weapons which they give to other countries? let me think .. the iraq,
for example, when iran was 'collaborating' with the russians .. d'uh.

> > USA wants to be a "global player",okay USA is a global player, but
> > bush
> > plays a game that nobody wants to play!!
>
> and what game is that?

deception, disinformation, humiliation, paternalism - against US
citizens, the hole free democratic world (the US are a republic), etc ..

'oh what a tangled web we weave when we at first try to deceive' .. most
people in the US don't even get a chance to get their hands on
non-contaminated/censored educational material :( so they are made to
think everything's fine.

I'm definitely not contra-US, but the deception of large companies and
company-controlled governements baffles all descriptions - and the lack
of power over oneselves resulting in enforcing power over others (inside
and outside the US) is quite a shame.

> > I agree that iraq shouldn be allowed to have biological/chemical or
> > what ever - weapons. BUT the US shouldn't either.
> > NOBODY has the right to destroy/ or even harm anybody on this HOLY
> > earth!!
>
> I agree with you on that.

so do I. holeheartedly. but look at the budgets .. and for what they are
used ..

> > I agree that the force that the US-Army by there presence in the
> > gulf-region puts on Saddam Hussein is good. I don't belive without the
>
> > presence of the Army sadam wouldn't do anything.
> > BUT I hope that there will be NO need to fight a war agains Saddam,
> > besides a  psychological  war !!
>
> right now it IS only a psychological war, but what will happen when
> saddam realizes that?  i don't think a psychological war will have much
> of an effect then!

I'm pretty sure he's quite aware of that, but he should be smoked out
psychologically, not with weapons, and not his citizens. so I say: more
time, more weapons inspectors, UN-controlled polls (preferrably in the
US, too), more destruction of weapons, less sanctions.

and less spoiled sons of oil barons.

... okay, now regarding debian-security:

I fear my system may be used for psychological cyberwarfare, i.e. I
might get e-mails messing with my brain. what can I do? ;)

   Count

P.S: something for the lawyers: are there any licenses explictly
disallowing the use of software in conjunction with war? would it be
debian-compatible?

--
Andreas Kotes - ICQ: 3741366 - The views expressed herein are (only) mine.
Unser Leben ist das, wozu unser Denken es macht. -- OpenPGP key 0x8F94C228