Re: security.debian.org down?

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 16:32, Mark Janssen wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 21:41, Jeremy Drake wrote:
> > I can ping security.debian.org, but cannot use http or ftp.  It just
> > hangs.  non-us.debian.org is the same box, and having the same troubles.
> > Is this just me?
>
> Yeah... i;ve noticed this too... hopefully someone can check into it :)
> I use it as one of my main debian mirrors, since it's only 5 hops away
> from me :)
>
> --
> Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
> Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT
> Maniac.nl Unix-God.Net|Org MarkJanssen.org|nl SyConOS.com|nl

Reportedly this has been officially noted on irc.debian.org - although
the individual mentioning it on debian-user didn't state beyond that, I
presume that efforts to restore availability are underway, and that it
is advised to use mirrors in the interim.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org