Re: [work] Integrity of Debian packages - please take OT private

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 14:20, Thiemo Nagel wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> > Way off topic - please take the thread private or somewhere more
> > appropriate.
>
> I really have to say that I heartily enjoyed this thread. In my opinion
> from time to time it is fair for us to allow ourselves the luxury of a
> lengthy off-topic discussion on a political topic. We enjoy some
> pleasant diversion and get to know each other better, personally. This
> is much better than the usual "spam" or "unsubscribe" discussions, by
> the way.
>
> Now on the (off-)topic: decrease in civil rights, increase in military
> and intelligence spending, (self-)censored press, failure of the system
> of separation of powers, leader without legitimation by the people,
> pre-emptive war
>
> I am frightened. And I'm not talking about North Korea nor Iran nor Iraq.
>
> regards,
>
> Thiemo Nagel

There are fora where it is on topic, but this thread has long since left
the range of this particular forum's designated discussion. It may be
interesting to some here as a thread, but take it to where the thread is
actually on topic - any of Usenet's civil liberties newsgroups, for
instance.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org