Re: [work] Integrity of Debian packages

Gary MacDougall wrote:

Yes, the American Empire is certainly on the move... and the World is their oyster.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Ted

Maybe you should talk to the family of the 3300 people in the WTC that died because the FBI, CIA or Special Services didn't have or couldn't intercept the many mail, fax and cell phone communications
that went between the cowards that flew planes into the buildings.

You know, I feel safer now than I did on 9-11. The price of freedom is costly.

Ummm, interception wasn't the problem. Interpretation was the problem. Harvesting more email isn't going to solve much (and will possibly compound the problem) if intelligence agencies lack enough manpower to translate and interpret the messages.

Your comment seems to lay blame for 9/11 on the intelligence community. It's fair to say that they had major flaws at that time (and possibly now as well). You could argue that this specific incident could have been prevented if certain measures were in place. Keep in mind, the perpetrators were a determined group that was willing to accept death in the pursuit of their goal. That's a combination that is nearly unstoppable.

--Rich

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.
2125 1st Ave East