Re: Telnet forwarding ??

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 01:35:50AM +0100, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> I'd prefer some kind of VPN. use FreeS/WAN on the debian, and some kind
> of VPN client on the winbox.  AFAIK win nt has problems here, so use
> win2000, probably the "server" variant...
> or maybe a FreeS/WAN implementation for cygwin (is there a native win
> implementation?)
> ... but thats a different problem ...

I doubt it. FreeSWAN uses Linux kernel patches and
kernel crypto.

That said, FreeSWAN is about as ipsec compliant as
anything.

However beware: it's difficult to run FreeSWAN through
NAT.

       IN MY NAME:            Dale Amon, CEO/MD
  No Mushroom clouds over     Islandone Society
    London and New York.      www.islandone.org