Re: machine monitoring packages

Don't know all the tools u are talking about, but maybe BigBrother (http://bb4.com/) is what u are looking for?

Philipp Hetzner

Dariush Pietrzak wrote:

Hello, I believe there is a need for good monitoring tool,
and none of existing tools qualify.
As it stands now, I am using mix of different tools, quite similiar to
each other... ie netsaint, mrtg, smokeping and monit.
And add to that syslog with syslog monitoring tools, add ipsec for logging
to single machine... It's a nightmare!
And they still won't provide all the features i need ( i.e. -> mrtg graphs are
nice.. but design behind whole mrtg/rrdtool makes them useless in many
situations -> for example, try comparing trends in two julys from
different years.. you can't, can you.. )

The task here is fairly simple, why do I need to set up so many different
tools?

If anyone decides to start writing monitoring tool, I'd be happy to join
the team.