Re: frontpage extension and security

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 04:50:52PM +0100, langlois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone used the frontpage extension?  If so, what is your opinion on
> its security?
> Is it a good thinks to install on server?
> Where can I find information about it?
> Thanks for your help?

I will warn you, in mirroring Will's comments in another reply, that
some installations of Front page extensions can and will make your
webserver unusable for almost anything. We had a problem installing it
and it overwrote several scripts we already had in place and it hosed a
few dynamic sites.

If we have a customer who insists on Front Page extensions now, we'll
end up installing it on a non-production machine first, then
transitioning people to it.

The Front Page Extensions installers we used were lethally dangerous.

HTH