cluster on firewall?

Hi

I have setup a firewall with 4 legs as follows:
        * One leg goes to the router (cisco).
        * Second leg goes to a switch connected to the internal network
          (10.20...).
        * The third and fourth legs are both for the dmz. one goes to a
          switch with many dmz hosts connected to it, and the other goes
          directly to an isolated dmz host (which the firewall acts as a
          proxy-arp for it).

I've used woody+iptables+shorewall for this setting.

Now, since the firewall is the most critical host, I want to setup some
kind of failsafe, so even if that host dies all the traffic will go
through another host.

Since I don't even have an idea where to start, I'll appreciate any
ideas/comments/pointers to documentations, etc...

thanx
--
Haim