Re: Apache and backup files

## Emmanuel Lacour (elacour@easter-eggs.com):

> What about adding in default httpd.conf something like this to protect
> from reading common editors backup files (index.php~ ...)

What about using the Right Editor[tm] (or just disabling backup files)?
No, seriously, I usually have a mirror of the web directorys in
question, often on another machine, where I do the editing. Then I
can copy all the canges at once (or preview the code on another
server). Even if I had backup files I would clean them up before
copying (long live make). CVS is another idea, but then you might
want to protect the CVS-directorys.

Regards,
cmt

--