Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 245-1] New dhcp3 packages fix potential network flood

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:48:07PM +0100, Siegbert Baude wrote:

> I dont't quite understand the consequences of the above DSA posted by Martin
> Schulze earlier this day on "Debian Security Announcements". When the problem
> is the dhcp-relay, why is then the dhcp3 package upgraded for Debian and not
> the dhcp3-relay package?

The dhcp3-relay package is built from the dhcp3 source package.  In
order to change the binary package the source package has to be updated
which means that all the binary packages built from that source package
must be updated too.