Gnutella? (was Re: TCP port 6352?)

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 03:19:17PM -0800, Josh Carroll wrote:
> Having failed to find any information about TCP port 6352 via google or /etc/services, I
> figured I'd ask here. I'm seeing an awful lot of dropped packets on this port recently,
> and I'm curious if anyone else has seen this.  If so, what purpose does TCP port 6352 serve
> (either in the *nix domain or windows if known), and should it be a concern. Below is
> an example of the dropped packets I'm seeing.

I have done some google searching and I believe the culprit might be
gnutella. Take a look at this search (try google's cached files since the
servers are no longer up)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=es&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=6352+gnutella&lr=

You will see that the listing for many servers/clients in the network are
usually port 6346 [1]. But it seems port 6352 is also used sometimes.

Regards

	Javi

[1] Check the source:
/tmp/jfs/gtk-gnutella-0.91.1$ grep 634 src/*.c
src/gnet_property.c:guint32  listen_port     = 6346;
src/gnet_property.c:guint32  listen_port_def = 6346;