Can this be considered a DoS-attack?

Using mozilla 1.2.1 (but I don't think the browser matters).
Browsed to:

  http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/magazine/technical/linux.html

and tried the "Printer-friendly version" link (CAREFUL HERE: don't
click on the link and then leave home):

  http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/phpapps/pfv/pfv.php?/techwhirl/magazine/technical/linux.html

Obviously, there's some buggy code on that web server:

  Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2 PHP/4.2.3

Anyway, the result is that the server will vomit thousends of error
messages like this:

,----
| Warning: fopen("", "rb") - Inappropriate ioctl for device in
|   /home/raycomm/web/techwhirl/phpapps/pfv/pfv.php on line 37
|
| Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource
|   in /home/raycomm/web/techwhirl/phpapps/pfv/pfv.php on line 39
`----

Leave it going an watch your RAM and swap growing. Memory will be
exausted at some point. I had to:

  # killall mozilla-bin

to stop that (when I noticed there wad unnormal load on my box).

Cheers,
Cristian