From: viv [mailto:viv@veeev.com]
Sent: 07 January 2003 21:08
To: DebianSecurity
Subject: raw disk access

	Hi.

	As a Debian user, i am posting to this list first in the hopes
	that what i am looking for can be found as a Debian package.

	i am looking for forensics tools that can be used in computer
	crime investigations, and am particularly interesting in a tool
	that provides raw drive (hard, floppy, CD, DVD, etc.) access in
	order to create complete and accurate drive images.

	If such a tool does not exist within Debian, is anyone aware of
	any application (GPLed, please) that does?  Failing that, i am
	willing to write my own tool, if necessary, and would appreciate
	any pointers to good reference material (raw drive access and
	how to work with the images created).

	If it helps, i am running with the latest 'unstable' packages.

	Many thanks.

--
viv <viv@veeev.com>