Re: webhosting

Op 2/24/02, 12:44:07 AM, schreef Michal Novotny <debian@prolidi.cz> over
het thema webhosting:

> Hello all!
Hi
>  I would  want  to  have  my  own webhosting (for friends etc.), could
> someone help me how to set up a debian for it, if there is better have
> for each web special user or what ?

Maybe its whise to run ftp in chroot..

>  My imagine:
>  1. Apache with PHP, and some cgi could be enabled (perl, etc.)

I run a apache and a apache-ssl (for webmail)

>  2. FTP for each Apache web

I use proftp because wuftp seems to be vunreble. Sftp for this amount of
users is an option

>  3. Some e-mails for each web (better with webmail+antivir)

I use woody Squirrelmail as a webmail, mailaccount are avalible foor
every use on the machine

>  4. Primary DNS server for each web

>  5. there will be (for now) only 8 webs (domains) and 21 emails

I use woody (unstable) for this saver would the stable, but these
packetages are avalible in de unstable version. Less work more risk..

hi Marten