Pine and mail folder permissions.

Hello!

I've recently compiled pine 4.5 on my woody system and when I use it, I
get every time the notification:

 "Folder vulnerable - directory /var/spool/mail must have 1777 protection"

/var/spool/mail is a link to /var/mail, wich has the permissions:

   drwxrwsr-x    2 root     mail         1024 Dec  5 01:02 mail

What would change with the 1777 protection which whould be

   drwxrwxrwt    2 root     mail         1024 Dec  5 01:02 mail

Should I get rid of the warning or change the permissions?

Cheers,
- Martin