Re: Debian kernel update?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 03:43:43PM +0100, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 November 2002 09:43, Johann Spies wrote:
> >
> > Can we expect something similar from Debian?  Or if not, how can we
> > protect our systems in another way?
>
> I don't know much about the issues involved, but I have noted that
> 2.4.20-rc2 is out, and if I understand the changelogs right (which I
> may not, since I'm a newbie and not a kernel hacker... :-) ), the
> problem was fixed in this prerelease.
>
> Personally, I'm dropping by kernel.org every other day now hoping to see
> 2.4.20 released. I need to reconfigure a couple of things in the kernel
> anyway, but I might as well do it in this release.

Thanks for the information.

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "If my people, which are called by my name, shall
      humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and
      turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from
      heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal
      their land."               II Chronicles 7:14