Re: X Security Issues? [SOLVED]

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:47:13AM +0100, Olaf Dietsche wrote:
> Well, it seems I should heed my own advice ;-). man xinit doesn't
> mention xserverrc, maybe this is a debian thing. But it does mention
> $HOME/.xserverrc; try to link or copy /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc to your
> home dir as .xserverrc and start xinit again.

Actually, I noticed something interesting when I was testing this out
on my home box.  When I used "startx", X didn't listen on TCP.  When I
used xinit, it did.  I guess that xerverrc only gets read when you use
startx.

I don't know if this is a bug or feature, but it's interesting none
the less.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Edward Guldemond

GPG Key: 0x4E505B0F
Key fingerprint:  4CAC 6740 C1CD 3CE4 6CA0
                  34E9 B3B7 18EC 4E50 5B0F