Re: VPN question

Iñaki Martínez, 2002-Nov-14 12:43 +0100:
> HI!!!!
>

>  I must create a VPN between an external company and a server behind my
> firewall.
>

>  Company--->its_router<----Internet--->my_firewall<-----server
>

>  Workers from this company ONLY MUST have access to the server in the VPN.
>  Perhaps some of them must have access to internet.... only perhaps..
>
>  The contents of this server are mainly WEB, so workers ONLY use browsers
> (surely windows explorer) to access to the server.....
>

>  I do NOT know any about connection nor router of this company yet, but i
> must prepare the VPN.......
>
>  Firewall and server (in my side) are Debian Woody.
>

>  Questions:
>
>  * How to implement this VPN???
>  * Software to use (free and/or Open source)
>  * is it better to install a Debian Server/Firewall in this company to make
>    things easy????

Since the application is strictly web, I suggest using SSL.  You can
set up the Web application to authenticate and you can put a rule on
your firewall to forward all SSL traffic from the specified customer
source IP to the web server inside.  This would be very easy and
provide secure connections for you customer.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User