Re: Bind 4 & 8 issues

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 12:31:48AM -0500, Roger Ward wrote:
> It is my understanding all of these vulnerabilities exist in the *stock* version of Bind 8.3.3-REL from ISC.
>
> Have any of these issues been addressed in the current version?

	I can't speak for the security team (since I'm not part of it). As
far as I know these vulnerabilities are there in the Debian version. As a
matter of fact ISS seems to have given only 9 hours of previous notice to
vendors (all UNIX vendors).
	Unfortunately the only way to fix it currently (since even ISCs
has not published patches although there seems to be some patches
available from unofficial sources) is to upgrade to bind9. Yuck

	Regards

	Javi

PS: I suggest to mitigate the issue the steps described for securing DNS
on the "Securing Debian Manual" (proper configuration+least
priviledge+chrooting)