Re: spam

Vasarhelyi asd Daniel <asd@mail.musichello.com> writes:

> I'm not sure what you want to do, but if you want to filter spam, you
> shouldn't multiply it. Notifying target user and sending a copy to other
> ppl is quite unnecessary and waste of bandwidth. Trying to notify the
> sender may be unnecessary too: spammers use non-existing mailbox names
> and if you generate an automaticed reply, your mailbox get's filled with
> Mail Deliverity Errors. In the other side, in this case sender gets a

Just a thought here, from a relatively long-term spamassassin & ifile &
bogofilter user: if you accept the mail, you're joining the vast masses of
folks who already "just press delete" - whether you filter it off locally
afterwards or not is neither here nor there, as to the spammer, the address
has not been rejected and is therefore valid for more next week.

What I'd really like is to read through the body of the text and then have
the MTA (exim in particular) run the mail by bogofilter, and then reject at
the very end: `200 Message accepted for delivery', yeah *right*.

That way I'd be giving a clear signal to whoever attempts to inject the
mail - not to a faked envelope Sender, or From: header; nor would I be
passively accepting the thing.

Anyone got any HOWTOs for this with exim? :)

~Tim
--
<http://spodzone.org.uk/>