squirrelmail issues

I've recently updated the squirrelmail package, due to the recent DSA security announce, and now am unable to login with any user accounts.  I receive the error "Unknown user or password incorrect."

I've restarted all pertinent applications including courier-imap, postfix, mysqld, and apache.  I've also attempted to debug by 'tail -f /var/log/mysql.log', and everything seems to be in order.  The queries issued to the db all return the proper information.
So I'm pretty much stumped. :/

Can anyone shed some light onto what's going on here?

thanks
-Brad Beck

"There are truths you are unable to grasp because you are filled with desire for illusions.
Empty yourself of illusions and see the great mystery of things."