Re: tiger reporting thousands of files with "undefined groups ownership"

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 01:18:03PM +0000, Carlos Sousa wrote:

> # pwck -r
> user news: directory /var/spool/news does not exist
> user uucp: directory /var/spool/uucp does not exist
> user majordom: directory /usr/lib/majordomo does not exist
> user postgres: directory /var/lib/postgres does not exist
> user msql: directory /var/lib/msql does not exist
> user list: directory /var/list does not exist
> user gnats: directory /var/lib/gnats/gnats-db does not exist
> user telnetd: directory /usr/lib/telnetd does not exist
> user mysql: directory /var/lib/mysql does not exist
> pwck: no changes

	Should this be there? I'm pretty sure there should be there.
$ dpkg -S /var/lib/mysql
mysql-server: /var/lib/mysql

	If you have mysql-server installed (and I bet you do since you
have the 'mysql' user) then that directory might have been lost in the
crash.

> Visual inspection of passwd and shadow doesn't help, both look OK.

	Yes, they might be ok. The problem is that the filesystem
structure is not ok.

> Any more thoughts?

	System crash. Ouch.

	Javi