Re: DHCP

Quoting Andrew Sayers (andrew-list-debian-security@ccl.bham.ac.uk):

> In practice, even a very low security barrier will stop the 90% of
> clueless abusers - but (to drag this thread bag on-topic), that's no
> excuse for basing the security of your network on a fundamentally
> insecure way of identifying computers.

Right.  If you want to control access meaningfully, you have to do
it at some other level, e.g., a separate user login mechanism required
before your newly issued IP address is routed to anything beyond the
authentication server.

--
Cheers,                              Yes, I _am_ an agent of Satan,
Rick Moen                            but my duties are largely ceremonial.