Re: Apache Security Release

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:16:23 -0400, Phillip Hofmeister wrote:
> It seems to me that many recent updates have included packages for
> potato, woody, and sig (sarge?).

AFAIK it's more "a few" than it is "many".

>  Is this trend going to continue?

Don't count on it.

> I thought sid/sarge was unsupported...

They are. Quoting DSA177-1 (PAM): "As stated in the Debian security team FAQ
[http://www.debian.org/security/faq], testing and unstable are rapidly
moving targets and the security team does not have the resources needed to
properly support those. This security advisory is an exception to that rule,
due to the seriousness of the problem."

HTH,
Ray
--
"The problem with the global village is all the global village idiots."
	Paul Ginsparg