Re: AIDE Information Overload

On 2002/10/22 04:27:26PM +0200, Tue, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:

i've only got 20 or so servers to deal with but i know what you mean.
i use a shell script to create system backups, i added an option to it
todo an aide backup which basically consists of

'tar -cvpWf aide.$date.tar /var/lib/aide/aide.db /etc/aide/aide.conf /usr/bin/aide /var/cache/apt/archives/aide_*.deb'

then scp that to a backup server where it goes through my normal
process, except these files never get deleted from disk/tape. so i can always

i also like to keep a separate mbox for each server where i can save all
the interesting logcheck, aide, etc output.

as far as keeping things small, i usually just do a aide --update the
day after i've made any changes, i go through the output to make sure
the only changes are what i expected.

hope this helps