Re: [OT] secure, minimal Debian installation for linux-based thin clients?

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 at 12:41:37PM -0700, Chris Majewski wrote:
> Now, we're looking  to upgrade the Linux on these  thin clients. I like
> Debian,  so that's  one  obvious choice.  However,  a standard  Debian
> install (e.g.  what I run  on my machine)  gives us much more  than we
> need. This isn't fatal, since  the filesystem is NFS-mounted, but it's
> not clean, either. Is  there a Debian-derived minimal distribution? Or
> should we just install the base Debian system, add X via tasksel, and
> add/remove remaining items with dselect or apt-get?
Try doing a regular install but don't choose the option to install more packages after you install the base package....

I believe this is what you are looking for...

--
Phil

PGP/GPG Key:
http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/
wget -O - http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/key.txt | gpg --import

XP Source Code:

#include <win2k.h>
#include <extra_pretty_things_with_bugs.h>
#include <more_bugs.h>
#include <require_system_activation.h>
#include <phone_home_every_so_often.h>
#include <remote_admin_abilities_for_MS.h>
#include <more_restrictive_EULA.h>
#include <sell_your_soul_to_MS_EULA.h>
//os_ver="Windows 2000"
os_ver="Windows XP"