Re: [OT] secure, minimal Debian installation for linux-based thin clients?

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 12:41:37PM -0700, Chris Majewski wrote:
> Now, we're looking  to upgrade the Linux on these  thin clients. I like
> Debian,  so that's  one  obvious choice.  However,  a standard  Debian
> install (e.g.  what I run  on my machine)  gives us much more  than we
> need.

Towards the end of the Debian installation process, when you're asked
whether you want to run tasksel or dselect, you can choose dselect and
exit it before installing any packages.  If you do that, you're left
with a really minimal install.  You might be able to base your work on
this.

noah