Re: ABfrag/ac1db1tch3z Kernel Exploit ?

Stephan Schmieder <stephan.schmieder@web.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I`ve just read an article at linuxsecurity.com regrading the ABfrag exploit.
> http://www.linuxsecurity.com/articles/intrusion_detection_article-5933.html
> Does anyone know something about that one?

I find this part both intersting and ironic:

  ABfrag - Linux Kernel ( <= 2.4.20pre20 ) Remote Syncing exploit

  Found and coded by Ac1db1tch3z - t3kn10n, n0n3 and t3kn0h03.

  WARNING:
  Unlicensed usage and/or distribution of this program carries heavy fines
  and penalties under American, British, European and International copyright
  law.
  Should you find this program on any compromised system we urge you to delete
  this binary rather than attempt distribution or analysis. Such actions would
  be both unlawful and unwise.

Can you be charged for reverse engineering exploits found on your system?

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

To be or not to be is true. G. Boole      No it isn't.  L. E. J. Brouwer