Re: synchronized pings

On -1 xxx -1, P.Ook wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've found 'synchronized pings' in my logs from several hosts all around the world.
> Today they where 11 hosts more or less doing ping to my Debian box at the same time
> (11 pings in the same second). Sure this is not a DOS attack, almost for my server,
> but i can't understand why they are pinging me all at the same time, three o more
> times a day. Any ideas?

did you install and run freenet6 and/or something like that? Any p2p
server package?

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it, giacomo.mulas@tin.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel.: +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)