Re: base-passwd bug?

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 21:31:13 -0000, Kisteleki Róbert wrote:
> Yesterday I upgraded two severs with apt, which in turn upgraded the
> base-passwd package. The root password seems to be "upgraded" also, since
> one of the two machines doesn't allow su-ing to root any more; regular
> users can log in normally.

Try logging in on a tty/console. A new PAM has been introduced in unstable
recently as well; it may well still have a few rough edges which could
affect 'su'.

HTH,
Ray
--
The "Penguin Powered" logos people love should really be "Penguin
Empowered". That, I think, is the best thing about Linux, too. We've given