Re: Good Day - spamassin

On Thursday, 2002-09-12 at 10:20:39 +0200, Marcel Hicking wrote:
> --On Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2002 14:04 +0300 Samuli Suonpaa <suonpaa@iki.fi>
> wrote:

> >>i would rather see that the spam senders see a bounce email that
> >>fills up their boxes with returned undeliverables..

> >So if some spammes forged headers and puts, for instance,
> >suonpaa@iki.fi there you feel it's your job to mail-bomb me?

> Happend to me. ~60000 mails in my inbox... I was quite
> amused... When mutt had finally managed to delete 5000 mails,
> during that time at least the same amount of new mails had
> arrived already. Stuffed my line quite a bit...

Same here. I had collected about 4500 when I started using procmail
filters. I had to add more subject lines almost every day because I
wanted to see legitimate bounces and filter only those the Spammer
caused.

The filter collected 17000 more bounces before the Spammer ceased using
my name. So I was more fortunate than you:

1) This ran over weeks, not in a few days.
2) There where only a quarter of your bounces.

I educated quite a few people who sent remove requests about the dangers
of doing that. The best one was this:

   REMOVE ME FROM YOUR MAILING LIST NOW OR ELSE I WILL HAVE TO REPORT
   YOU THE WEB ADMINISTRATOR

Oooohhh, I'm scared...

Luope Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| Big Misunderstandings #6398: The Titanic was not supposed to be        |