Re: PPTP with Encryption

At 8:43 AM -0700 4/30/02, Anne Carasik wrote:
Last time I checked, PPTP comes with encryption. All you
have to do is configure it.

I don't think you should have any patching to do. :) The home page
for poptop is at http://www.poptop.org.

Not unless the packaged pptpd/ppp has something else, from the poptop.org page:

# Available PPPD patch allows Windows compatible encryption and authentication (MSCHAPv2 and MPPE 40-128 bit RC4 encryption)

So it seems like theres SOMETHING I need to add to pppd to get encryption to work with it, and (from my reading) it seems like there's a patch that also needs to go in the kernel to make that pppd change work as well.

| dredd@megacity.org  | "Thou art the ruins of the noblest man  |
|  Derek J. Balling   |  That ever lived in the tide of times.  |
|                     |  Woe to the hand that shed this costly  |
|                     |  blood" - Julius Caesar Act 3, Scene 1  |