Re: A Linux version of system and network monitoring?

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 07:38:59AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Crawford Rainwater wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a Linux based system and network
> > monitoring program out there?  Similar to Tivoli or
> > HP OpenView, preferably under GPL and free?  If so,
> > links and such would be great.
>
> netsaint, mon. tkined is useful as well (part of scotty now iirc).

Netsaint is a very nice package, but it has been replaced by nagios. It
is essentially the same thing, but netsaint is dead and won't be
developed. There are no nagios debian packages that I know of.

See http://www.netsaint.org/upcoming.php

--
#!perl #                       Life ain't fair, but root passwords help.
# Eric Veldhuyzen                                       http://terra.nu/