Re: A more secure form of .htaccess?

Of course, which is one of the things I had in mind when I said:

> > topology. Switches tend not to allow other nodes on a network to see
                       ^^^^
and:

Dan Faerch wrote:
> The subject on switches.. It is a general misunderstanding that switches
> provide security.. There are several easy tricks to make a switch spill its
> guts.. They were designed for performance and no one ever promised security
> :)

Cisco, in fact does promise security when using thier switches. Well,
most of thier switches. But I do agree that they are designed with
security as an other-than-primary goal. However, they can provide a
layer of abstraction, to help prevent sniffing.

wheee.
-Will Wesley, CCNA
"Cheer up! Things are getting worse at a slower rate."