Re: A more secure form of .htaccess?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 07:55:06PM +0200, Dan Faerch wrote:

> You should be aware, that when you use normal .htaccess protection,
> browser never logout..With eg. Internet Explorer, all intances of IE
> have to be closed to make the browser forget the login..

Actually, I think instances of IE that were each run from the desktop
or quicklaunch bar don't share authentication info. At least this has
been my experience with IE4 and 5.x. However, if you use File / New to
start a new window, that window will share authentication info with
the parent.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu